THE WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!
“This Garden Needs Help!”
Two years ago, I planted two trees that were a surprise gift from my friend. One tree hated our plains country (bamboo), and the other (Red Maple) loved it. Unfortunately, so did the local deer. Took me three days to dig into the ground deep enough to plant the trees with all sorts of shovels, and picks and pry bars, and adding loads of good soil – and I am left with t-posts surrounding nothing. The T-posts are rock solid into the earth, and I am not going to dig them up.
We live in Gumbo (translated means really interesting mud that gets really slick when wet, and dries cement hard) country in eastern Montana. Not many trees around, but I would like to have a couple. At least I would like to do something with the T-post area…What to do?
Maybe you can help….
1. Ground is Gumbo – rock solid when dry. The most slippery, sticky stuff when wet.2. Original trees, in center of T-posts were eaten by deer, and put in place to help the trees stay in place when it was windy. All that is left are T-posts. They are cemented in that Gumbo.3. Need to fix this area up, without removing the T-posts. Prefer low cost, fun, imaginative solutions for a whimsical-themed garden that stands a good chance of survival [or that might flourish] in the dry prairie land of the Eastern Montana plains.
Send us your idea to fix this garden
1. Submit your entry on the form below. You may enter as many times as you wish.
2. Entries must include name and e-mail, and your idea.
3. Please describe your plan. Estimated cost. Material it will take. Time it should take.
4. If you have a sketch or photo to share, please indicate that on your entry form. If we want to learn more, we will email a request to have you send your image.
5. We reserve the right to delete entries that appear to be spam.
If we choose your idea, you will win your choice of prizes.
All entries will be reviewed, and viable entries put in a giant colander and the winner will be picked at random at Ingomar’s Historic Jersey Lilly Saloon and Eatery in Ingomar Montana, 2 months from today. The drawing will be held September 25th. The winning suggestion, and 5 runners up (also chosen at random) will be featured on the RagweedAdventures.com
website. And the winner will get the choice of either a Jersey Lilly Hat, a Pancake Patty specially crafted apron, or a copy of Adventures with Ragweed and a packet of vegetable seeds from the Lazy JC store in Melstone, Montana. All entries become property of Neon Lines. Thanks, and good luck!